Monday, August 24, 2009

Exhausted

The first day of school is over. I'm holding on to optimism for at least a couple more days. I am tired.

I don't know how anyone can teach without having the students active and involved. Today was a day of me standing in front of the class, telling them things they need to know. I think I need to find a different way to do it next year. I know that there is no way I could stand in front and tell the students what they need to know all semester long. I need them to take an active part in their learning. I need them to bear a little of the burden. Tomorrow I'll start giving them the opportunity.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck. It seems like you either get used to be tired after teaching or it becomes easier as the year goes on. Either way it gets better.

    ReplyDelete